Search This Blog

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Nurturing Patience

INSIGHT: Seeds

by Dana Theus
Are you ever frustrated when you work on something that doesn’t go anywhere? Of course you are!

Every bit of effort is planting seeds. The question is, what will grow from them?

I spent a lot of energy a few years ago developing products and contacts that appeared to be useless. It was frustrating. I let that piece of the business go, and I admit there was a little bitterness there. But I did the work, and closed it down, in integrity. I kept all my relationships positive and have made the effort to support the people I met in the intervening years when I could.

Today, I see that that effort wasn’t wasted, but was putting seeds in the ground that I’m just now realizing are growing. So I’m going to water them a little more, maybe toss some fertilizer over them and see if I can nurture up a newer, better piece of the business in the months ahead.
What seeds are you planting? Are you watering them and feeding them? What’s growing out of the work you once abandoned?

I hope there are lovely things sprouting in your garden.
http://inpowercoaching.com/insight-seeds/

Stephanie Doty
Weary of Wonderland
August 9, 2014

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/