Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Passionate Life


Little that I've read or seen has filled my gratitude cup to overflowing as this awe-inspiring photograph.  I have, indeed, felt the intensity of this girl's passion on rare occasions throughout my adulthood.  But, it's been all too easy during the last few years to 'forgot' this unbridled passionate feeling when I've also experienced a tangential disappointment and frustration -- with people, with myelf, with life.

However, today, I am reminded that I do not have to allow my weariness with wonderland  to fully define my life.  When I once again saw this photo AND read the additional information provided, I reclaimed my sense of wonder and simple amazement at how truly awe-inspiring life CAN be -- even at what may seem like the darkest time.


Stephanie Doty
Weary of Wonderland
March 19, 2014

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/