Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2014

It begins within and travels outward ~~


Ahhhhhhhh – ‘tis so; ‘tis very, very true. It took the last two people who metaphorically clobbered me over the head, while giving me a sucker punch in my heart before I was able to FINALLY accept that I do NOT deserve to be abused by anyone for any reason whatsoever. Then began one of the hardest things I ever had to do . . . develop enough understanding and acceptance that would enable me to become compassionate and forgiving -- of others, of myself, let go and AT LONG LAST know the pure, sweet JOY of freedom . . . .  I ALWAYS had this capability within me, but I simply did not know or believe that I am good enough [as I always have been].  Now I do know and accept this as my reality, it has made ALL the difference in how I now intentionally choose to live my life. I'm still flawed and occasionally feel wobbly, but this, too, is okay.


That day does arrive when we fully awaken and realize we are no longer captivated by the ill-conceived concept of Wonderland.  That, for me, was a transformational moment when I realized how simply amazing my perspective has become AND I now breathe in the beauty and natural wonder of being alive.

And so it is~~now and forevermore.

Stephanie Doty
Weary of Wonderland
March 20, 2014

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/